Saturday, October 6, 2012

Welcome!

Welcome to my learning theory blog! I look forward to sharing current examples of learning theory and using them to construct my own teaching theories. 

Originally from central Kentucky, I am excited to be completing my second year of the Higher Education masters program at the University of Arizona! I am extremely fortunate to have an amazing position in Leadership Programs at the UA, working with students who are part of the ATLAS Leadership Certificate Program and the National Collegiate Leadership Conference. I love working with students and teaching courses through Leadership as part of my work.

I love my students and higher education, but my real passions lie in education reform and finding a way to make learning fun, from pre-k all the way through higher education. I was Montessori educated and truly believe that many of the methods utilized in that system can be implemented in the public school classroom in ways that make learning exciting and not so much of a burden. Since fostering a service dog in training, I have also become passionate about understanding the experiences of students with disabilities and finding ways to support that population in and out of the classroom.

While work and school tend to pervade all areas of my life, when I get free time I love spending time with the dogs at the humane society, cooking and baking (check out the cooking blog my coworker and I have! 2smallkitchens.blogspot.com), taking photos, playing card and board games, reading and spending time with friends and family.

No comments:

Post a Comment